We are all Connected!

>> Sunday, January 18, 2009

'THE HYPER-CONNECTED WEB 2.0 GENERATION'


Recently, I have read accounts that state we are the "Hyper-Connected Generation" and it seems that many are implying that this hyper-connectivity is a bad or negative thing in some way. Employers are weary about how their employees are using their time at work and block many of the most popular social networking sites, sites like facebook.com. Yet some savy super 'NET'workers are reaping huge rewards by utilizing these platforms to develop new business.

I myself have spent many hours visiting the webs numerous networking sites and have set up numerous profiles on some of the more popular platforms. I believe I maintain, participate or have a presence on over 55 sites/networks. You can see a comprehensive list HERE.

Many of these sites are great productivity tools for family communication and/or genealogical research and archiving. I keep up with many of my cousins on facebook. Some of you surely have seen the Ancestry.com television commercials or participate on the site. Another great genealogy based site is MyHeritage.com

With so much time invested into understanding the Web 2.0 connected environment, I often ponder how this awesome global network can have positive generative effects on Legacy Development as a field, and on all the connected peoples around the world interested in developing and fostering their own profound legacies.

I do not have many answers yet, but I am meeting many tremendously brilliant and innovative people from around the globe as a result of the 'new connected web' and have launched my own connectivity experiment that I have dubbed, the DK Web 2.0 Linked-Project.

The experiment is organic in conceptual design, so I intend and look forward to its expansion and evolution. I also hope to be given, (and therefore solicit), some powerful ideas from around the globe about how we all can thrive and develop better collective lives as a result of easier communication across the oceans.

0 comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP