Introducing the Four Building Blocks of a Legacy Plan

>> Friday, December 19, 2008

I thought about where we should begin our discussion on Legacy Planning and I determined that a quick introduction to the Four Building Blocks was the best way to go. Here they are:

#1 - Personal Mission Statement - guides your daily and major life decisions;

#2 - Strategic Life Plan - puts purpose and direction with quantifiable goals and objectives tied to your personal mission;

#3 - Personal Legacy Statement - captures the most valued life lessons and experiences for future generations benefit; and,

#4 - Family Mission Statement - steers the family toward a unified course and mission capitalizing on the strength, richness and diversity of the whole as opposed to the one.

These are the four basic building blocks. I will come back to each in detail at a later point in time, stay tuned...

L.I.F.E.,

Don West, Jr.

1 comments:

John Holzmann December 27, 2008 at 1:32 PM  

Whoa, Don! I am so excited about your website! You've got some really superb content. And I have ordered a copy of your book from CafePress. (They're not the fastest people for turn-around! Ordered last Thursday evening. They finally shipped it on Tuesday. Maybe I'll get it next Monday?)

Anyway. I have been trying to develop something akin to what you have done. And I think my Strategic Inheritance site has something to offer. But your site is so much more elegant!

Question: You signed off of this post with an apparent acronym: "L.I.F.E." --I thought you might be meaning to reference the Four Building Blocks, a kind of mnemonic. But, then, I realized, the letters don't match.

So what is the "L.I.F.E." there for?

Thanks!

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP